This article is currently under revision.
In this article we describe the entire process of inviting users to an app. You will learn what happens in the background if a user is already registered with Open as App and what happens if he does not yet have an account.
- Set your app to "Private".
- Copy and paste a column, row, or collection of cells containing email addresses from Excel, Google Sheets, and so on. ("Bulk invitations" function)
- Click on "Invite".
- Invitations to your app will now be sent to these email addresses.
- The e-mail contains a link to your app.
- Invited users should open the email on the device on which they want to use your app.
- If the invitation link from the e-mail is clicked on the PC, the user can send the link to his smartphone via SMS or scan the QR code with his smartphone.
- If Open as App is not installed on the user's device, he is directed to the store, where he must install "Open as App".
- After the installation, "Open as App" must be started.
- The invitation information from the e-mail has not been lost during the installation process, so that "Open as App" directly displays the so-called "Let's go" page with the icon of the app to which the user was invited.
- (Here it is already recognized whether the app comes from the DE or EU Cloud. "Open as App" will be changed here directly.)
- On the "Let's go" screen, the user can accept the invitation by clicking on the "Let's go" button.
- The user's e-mail has already been entered. (This information has also survived the installation process.)
- If the user is already registered with "Open as App", the login screen will be displayed where he can enter his password.
- If the user is not registered with "Open as App", he can also enter his name, or simply click on the "Let's go" button. Registration is free of charge.
- Then the app to which he was invited opens.
For already registered users the process ends here (they are logged in and have accepted the invitation)
Previously unregistered users were automatically registered during the process and are also logged in directly with the generated account.
Registered users will receive a "Welcome" e-mail with the information that you now have a free account at Open as App.
In this e-mail new users will find access data to their newly created "Open as App" account.
After logging in, users can of course change the password created by the system in the "User account" area.
The e-mail addresses of these users are confirmed directly in the process.