With this release the app creation process gets even faster and more individual for you. Design steps which previously had to be done via the XML configuration are now easily adjustable in the edit dialog of each particular element. Additionally, you will find a new theme for your excel based app in the "Change Theme" section.
- Additional options in the edit dialog. You can now customize the elements of your app in greater detail than before. Without any programming skills - of course. You will find lots of new definitions in the tab "Style" of the detail dialog. Here are some of the most important changes you can now make without having to open the Raw XML configuration:
- Adjust the element height (Button Height).
- Change the background color of an element (Background Color).
- Change the caption text color (Caption text color).
- The color of the function menu button can be defined via the detail dialog of the app header (Function-Button Color).
- Group lists. Lists can now be grouped by default. This way your data is already grouped when you open your app. You will find a drop down menu in the edit dialog of your list. There you can select the column you want to group your app by. (Open your app in the app designer » open the edit dialog for the list » make sure you are in the "main" tab » the small drop down selection is located above the "Enable Search" switch. Check the app preview in case you are not sure if your changes have been accepted.
- Dark theme available. A dark template for your app is waiting for you in the "Change Theme" section. List and calculation apps can now be published in an elegant dark robe. You can also select the "Dark" grid theme in the "Style" tab of the litst's edit dialog.
- Template suggestions are even better now. Our Open as App wizard scans the sheet's architecture and discards templates that do not fit to your app more accurate.
- The content type of output cells is now automatically transferred from the Excel spreadsheet.
- All new input cells (input type = "input") have the edit buttons (-/+) activated by default.
- You can filter your data via the dynamic dashboard. Open the function menu of your app and tap on a segment to filter your list by the corresponding entries. The drill down function is added automatically to lists containing same entries across different rows.
- Some templates were integrated partially incorrect in the portal.
- The number of team members will now display correctly in the portal menu.
- Users added in the publish dialog are accepted correctly to the app now.
- Links can be opened by tapping in the detail dialog of your app when the column type is defined as "Web".
- All images from the Open as App gallery are now displayed in the apps.
- Output cells (input type = "output") are formatted correctly in the app now. (Definition "usecellformat = true;" has been added to this type of element.)