In the 'Preview your app' - view in the App Designer, you are not only able to see the preview of your app but you can edit or delete any item contained in your app.
In this article we will edit the title bar, change the header image and style the function button.
More information on editing items in the Preview: https://support.openasapp.net/hc/en-us/articles/207232199#preview.
We work hard to ensure that the app preview corresponds to 100% with your final app. Currently specific changes made in the App Designer, may deviate from the published app.
In this article
- Edit App Header - App Name and Opacity
- Edit function (menu) button
- Change header image
- Animated tutorial
To edit the header of your app, the editor for this item must be opened in the App Designer.
- Make sure you are in the 'Design' step of the App Creator or App Admin (visible in the upper menu bar).
To edit an existing app you need to select the app via the app dashboard first.
- Go to 'Preview your App' and move the mouse cursor over the header item (in this case including an image).
- Enter the editor by clicking on the pencil symbol. edit
Change App name and reduce opacity
Your app can be found under this name in the app player. (Depending on privacy settings.) You can change the opacity of the title bar by dragging the slider along the green bar. This feature can be useful if you have set a background image.
- Type in the desired name for your app.
- Place the opacity slider at the desired location between 0 and 10.
- Confirm the changes with the checkmark below. done
You can select the color of the function button by entering a hex value or generating a color with the color palette.
- Click on the colored rectangle.
- Generate the desired color.
- Select the desired opacity.
- Changes are immediately visible in the preview.
- Confirm the changes by clicking on the check mark. done
You can upload an image or add a link to an online hosted file (edit url).
- Click the paper clip to upload your own image for your app. attach_file
- Click "Edit url" to insert a link to an online hosted image file.
- Click on "...or choose an image from our gallery"
- Select one of the pictures from our gallery.
- Confirm the changes with the check mark at the bottom of the editor. done
First, we change the name of the app and lower the opacity of the title bar. In the second step, we upload a new image from our computer.
Do not forget to save the changes.