With this release, it is now possible to manage guests who you have invited to your app. This means that you can not only completely delete your guests, but also invite them to additional apps at any time.
In addition, we introduce a new data editor for to the push-to-server functionality in your app. The new editor provides you with content-specific input options such as a calendar for entering a date or a number keypad for columns containing numbers.
- [Portal] Dynamic Dashboard editor: Columns for the drilldown function in the Dynamic Dashboard can now be selected directly in the list editor. You will find a separate tab in which you can activate the columns with just one click. We also introduce "Sum Columns" for the Dynamic Dashboard.
- [Portal] Full-screen mode: The spreadsheet can now be displayed in full-screen mode in the portal, simplifying cell and area selection for complex files. The mode can be activated right next to the already known zoom buttons.
- [Portal] Dashboard template: The Open as App Wizard can now recognize the chart definitions from Excel and thus auto-generate dashboards. The new template represents the data from your source file in the form of charts.
- [Portal] Guest user management: It is now possible to manage guests in the team admin area and to invite them to additional apps and hubs. By clicking on the respective guest user, you can see which apps you have granted him or her, can remove this access, or invite him to more apps. For general information on user administration, please visit: https://support.openasapp.net/hc/en-us/articles/208137385
- [Portal] Create XML file only: In the last step of the app creation (if you selected to create an app from a spreadsheetd stored on your computer), you now have the option to save only the app definitions (the XML to your app) without uploading the spreadsheet to the Open as App Cloud. Please note that you must provide a spreadsheet-URL afterwards using the "Update Spreadsheet" function, otherwise your app will not work. Feel free to visit our article "What happens with my data?"
- [Player] Edit dialog for list entries: When editing data via your app (push-to-server function), you are now supported by content-specific editors. For date cells, for example, a calendar appears to allow you to select the date. The formatting is then automatically adapted to the spreadsheet so that the saving of incorrectly formatted data can almost be eliminated. In addition, it is also possible to select values from a selection list (data validation cells in your spreadsheet).
- [Player] Edit card list: Apps using the card list view can now be edited via the detail dialog. The push-to-server functionality is now available for this app type.
- [IOS] Hide Columns: List Columns can now be enabled and disabled on iOS devices using the function menu.
- [Portal] The page switcher in the preview now corresponds to the page tabs in the final app.
- [Portal] Improved app creation with spreadsheets that contain multiple worksheets. You can now use every single sheet for your app.
- [Portal] There are now more zoom-in-levels in the spreadsheet area.
- [Portal] Chart preview has been improved.
- [Player] Improved the usability of the login dialog.
- [Player] The detailed view in lists has been optimized. The detail view can now be closed using the < symbol at the top.
- [Player] Maps in lists now no longer contain a perimeter boundary. Simply zoom out of the map, and more points of interest will be loaded from your list.
- [Player] Images in the app cards are now always loaded from the cache, which improves the loading time of the Hub, "My Apps" and "Favorites" view.
[Portal] In Firefox, the icons of the cloud providers could not be clicked.
[Portal] Wrong sheet was passed to the next step in the Creator when using spreadsheets with multiple worksheets.