The results of values TODAY() and NOW() will change in Excel when the worksheet is calculated. Cells that contain this feature are not updated continuously in the spreadsheet, so they do not update in the app by default.
However, it is possible to recalculate the spreadsheet every time you start your app.
This is how you add this function to your app:
- Open the app in the Web-Portal.
- Navigate to "Advanced" in the left menu.
- Switch to "XML-Configuration".
- Add the following definition to the "App Definitions" in the upper part of the website:
- Save the changes and update your app.
Each time your app is restarted, the source file is recalculated so that you can work with the current date or time formulas in your app.