With this release, we have set a small milestone. The wizard is now fully implemented, which will make it much easier for you to edit your apps. The Open as App Wizard is, for example, responsible for the fact that cell formatting from your Excel (or your Google Sheets) can be correctly recognized or charts can be imported with one click.
- [Portal] New design: The design on the portal and in the App Creator has been completely redesigned so that you can concentrate even more on the essential points in app creation and administration, and can find and use the desired settings more quickly.
- [Portal] App Builder Server support: The wizard is now fully implemented and is not only available for initial app creation but also for editing your app after publishing. This allows you to automatically import charts, formats of the cells are recognized automatically, column types are set correctly, etc.
- [Portal] Import of Pivot Tables: The wizard recognizes existing tables in your source file and allows you to import them into your app as a list with only one click.
- [Portal] Share app configuration: Apps can now be shared with other people on the portal. In addition to the normal usage access to the app via the client, the person can get additional rights so that these three scenarios of cooperation exist:
- Can use app: The invited person can use the app on the client.
- Can see app configuration: The app appears in the person's portal in the "Apps" view. There, the app can be opened like an own, with the difference that it can only be viewed and not edited, copied, or shared with other people.
- Can edit app: The invited person can edit the app directly and / or create a copy in his own account. To invite people to this app, the app must first be copied to your own account.
- [Portal] New "Themes": In the "Change Design" view you are now offered new designs.
- [Portal] [App] Dynamic Dashboard view: The dynamic dashboard can now be set up as a start-up view of your list. This allows you to switch between the classic list view and the dashboard.
To switch between the views, click the icon on the right side of the search bar of your app list.
Enable this option by clicking the "Start on Dashboard" button in the "Dashboard" tab in the List Editor.
- [App] Sharing Apps: Sharing apps with non-existing users has been improved. The invited person will now be forwarded directly to your app, even if she first needs to download and install Open as App from the store. (Currently only for guest invitations and not per Share Link.)
This function allows you to select contacts from your local device contact book.
In addition, you will also receive suggestions based on past invitations or team members from your Open as App Team.
- [App] Exclude columns from editing: Individual columns can be excluded from editing when the Push to Server function is activated.
If you open the detailed view, all desired columns are visible.
If the editing of the data record is started, only the editable values remain, so that the user can "work through" more quickly and can only edit permitted columns.
To learn how to exclude individual columns from your list from editing, see the "Exclude individual columns from editing" article.
- [App] Detailed view: The design of detail view in lists has been revised.
- [Web Client] Web Client: The Web Client can now perform initial calculations.
- [Portal] The preview now supports the "Show Edit Buttons" setting.
- [App] The main menu is no longer automatically displayed on tablets when the device is not used in cross-format.
- [App] Negative input values are automatically red, 0 is gray, while positive values are the color selected in the editor.
- [Android] In the List view, the grouped column is now hidden and the available space filled with additional columns.
- [Portal] Cells were not taken as captions by the wizard when the content was a calculated value. Even not if the result was a string.
- [Portal] For input cells, the "Show Edit Buttons" button in the editor did not work.
- [Android] Fixed an error that sometimes caused crashes in the list view.
- [IOS] Fixed: Sometimes all lines were not displayed in the list view after grouping.
- Smaller bug fixes and improvements.