Just like Open as App can be used with external cloud storage providers, Open as App can also be used with on-premises servers (like SharePoint on-premises installations). For additional information please visit our security whitepaper.
- Download Open as App from your store. (Please contact us for offline installation.)
- Open as App On-Premises Re-Packager (for integrating an on-premises Excel file into an app):
- Open as App On-Premises App Demo (.oapp package):
To run an on-premises app, simply double-click its symbol in the file explorer.
Congratulations – you’ve just set up an on-premises version of Open as App! :)
For creating your own on-premises apps, follow these simple steps:
- Go to your personal dashboard on openasapp.net
- Navigate to the app you want to take on-premises
- Navigate to the app’s ‘Publish’ screen
- Download your app with the ‘Download App Package (BETA)’ button on-premises – that’s it!
If you have created your app with dummy data, you can use the Open as App On-Premises Re-Packager to easily integrate an on-premises Excel file into an on-premises app – without any third-party ever touching your sensitive data. Simply run the Open as App ‘Repackage’ app and:
- Select the on-premises app you want to integrate your file into
- Select the on-premises Excel file you want to integrate into your app
- Click the ‘Save As…’ button and save the on-premises app including the on-premises Excel file on your computer – that’s it!